Fabrication with a 20 nm size was demonstrated in a GaAs/AlGaAs multiquantum well (MQW) structure by reactive ion beam etching (RIBE) using SiO2 sidewall masks. The sidewall width can be precisely controlled by deposition time of SiO2. Size fluctuations are accordingly reduced. This paper also describes the results of photoluminescence measurements at 77 K, including a clear blue shift in the PL spectra for 20 nm MQW wires.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Hardware and Architecture
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics