For developing electron microscopes mounted with a single-atom electron source, we constructed a practical gun chamber of an extreme high vacuum (XHV), and demonstrated excellent characteristics of its emission beams; the stable beam with the current fluctuation of ̃0.8 % was observed at the total current of 20 nA in the XHV of 1 × 10-9 Pa.
- Electron emission
- Extreme High Vacuum (XHV)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Single-atom electron source
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Materials Science (miscellaneous)