In this paper, we propose a computational approach to the design of an interior permanent magnet synchronous motor to clarify its optimal design applied for traction systems of the next generation commuter train. In the approach, the finite element method, the multiobjective optimization technique, and the response surface methodology are effectively introduced. This approach enables us to save the CPU-time dramatically without degrading accuracies. Additionally, the proposed approach provides the effective information to design engineers. Finally we validate the proposed approach.
- Design optimization
- Interior permanent magnet synchronous motor
- Multiobjective optimization technique
- Response surface methodology
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy (miscellaneous)