In this paper, we present the thermal cycling test results for edge and corner bonded lead-free PSvfBGAs on a high-T g test board. The test results show that the characteristic lives of PSvfBGAs with edge bond acrylic, edge bond epoxy and corner bond epoxy are respectively about 0.6, 0.9 and 1.3 times of the PSvfBGAs without bonding. The epoxy with lowest CTE, highest storage modulus and smallest adhesive volume yielded best performance. The 3D quarter finite element model was also built to further study the failure mechanism.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality