This paper aims at comparing Finnish and Japanese concepts and practices regarding manufacturing and operations management. It is seen that there are differences in applying MRP, JIT and OPT. A more detailed study reveals that these differences are partly due to the fact that these concepts are interpreted in different ways in these two countries.
- Production planning and control
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Business, Management and Accounting(all)
- Management Science and Operations Research
- Economics and Econometrics
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering