We fabricated broad-area laser diodes comprising 30-layer stacks of InAs quantum dots (QDs) by using strain compensation. The devices exhibited ground-state lasing at 1529 nm in pulsed mode with a high characteristic temperature of 113 K around room temperature (20 °C-80 °C). Ground-state lasing was achieved because of the high QD density afforded by strain compensation.
- Characteristic temperature
- Quantum dot (qd)
- Stacking strain compensation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering