This paper investigates a starting procedure of rotational sensorless permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) in the rotating condition, which is suitable for some applications with higher maximum rotor frequency and longer current sampling time. Instantaneous estimation of initial rotor position and frequency, right after gates start, is essential for restarting the operation of inverters. Existing estimation methods are not available for the aforementioned applications because of their higher maximum rotor frequency and longer current sampling time. To cope with this problem, we propose a novel initial rotor frequency estimation method. The proposed estimation method is verified by experiments using a 2-kW interior PMSM and a numerical simulation.
- Permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSMs)
- Rotational sensorless control
- Starting procedure at rotating condition
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Control and Systems Engineering
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering